Re[2]: Tech Writer's test

Subject: Re[2]: Tech Writer's test
From: Steve English <senglish -at- MICROS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 12:11:46 EST

Well, folks hardly ever need to clear their throats in print, so I'm
guessing that means David Blythe's parenthetical expressions are
chuckles. So yes, this was a JOKE.

David, a dry sense of humor is a dangerous thing to wield on the net
(and I have the flames to prove it). If you want to avoid this sort or
misunderstanding in the future, I'm afraid you're going to have to
stoop to the indignity of using emoticons...

Steve English
Senior Technical Writer
MICROS Systems, Inc.

I do not speak for my employers, and boy are they relieved.

(NOTE: second clause is intended as a joke)

Subject: Re: Tech Writer's test
Author: svictor -at- lgc -dot- com at SMTPLINK-Micros
Date: 12/19/95 11:39 AM

Was this supposed to be a joke?