(Fwd) S/he, "you," etc.

Subject: (Fwd) S/he, "you," etc.
From: Grant Hogarth <GRANT -at- ONYXGFX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 09:33:23 +8

On Tue, 19 Dec 1995 01:22:57 GMT, Gwen Barnes commented:

>When our customers are ready for gender-inclusive instead of
>gender-generic language, I'm sure the bottom line will reflect that
>change in opinion. We do software that makes it extremely easy for
>customers to let us know exactly what's on their minds, so I don't
>really think they'll hold back on this issue as opposed to any of the
>others of concern to them when the time is ripe for change.

Hear hear!
And while we should not give up trying to educate our audiences,
trying to *force* them is like trying to push a rope. Doesn't work.
However, this doesn't mean that we can't polish the floor so that the
rope begins to slide more easily forward. <smile>

I've said enough.

Grant

Grant Hogarth, Information Developer
Onyx Graphics Corp. Midvale, UT
www.onyxgfx.com ftp.onyxgfx.com
#include <std_disclaim>

"In a world of change, learners adapt, while the learned
find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world
that no longer exists."
--Eric Hoffer