Re: PCMCIA cards & MS

Subject: Re: PCMCIA cards & MS
From: Stuart Reynolds <reynolds -at- IC -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 11:20:39 -0500

> The new Microsoft style is PC Card.
Ahhhh. So everyone is *supposed* to follow Microsoft and rename =
everything.. I still fail to see who MS is, other than a large software =
manufacturer.. Although, in the world of computers as a large picture, =
they pale by comparison to giants such as IBM... Yet, people are so =
easily influenced (not speaking of you specifically Mary) by the =
company.. Weird.. I guess, seeing as IBM *coined* "PC Cards", in =
reflection of the add on/expansion cards, they (Ms)feel they get to =
rename other stuff too.. :o) this will create great confusion, of those =
new to computer technology..=20

Customer -"I need a Modem, PC card please"
Sales Rep -"Ahhh, yes, now would that be an expansions slot type of PC =
card, or a PCMCIA type of plug in card?"
Customer -" huh?...... " %-|

:o) gotta love MS...

Stui
reynolds -at- ic -dot- net