TOOLS (on-line): Your most useful

Subject: TOOLS (on-line): Your most useful
From: Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- CCN -dot- CS -dot- DAL -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 07:46:14 -0400

I'm interested in what copy editors and technical writers use in the way
of on-line mailing lists and newsgroups for their profession.

Just a snapshot would be great: what's "happening" right now for you.
You've obviously subscribed to this list -- but what other neighborhoods
do you frequent?

My current ones are:
copyediting-l
comp.publish.prepress
alt.quotations
alt.english.usage
and an attempt to subscribe to "Writer & Client," which bounced.

And, because I'm a freelancer:

misc.jobs.offered
misc.jobs.contract
soc.frugal.living (or something like that, I don't remember exact spelling)

Anyone?

Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- ccn -dot- cs -dot- dal -dot- ca>
Roncaism of the Week:
"She got the raw end of the stick."
(c) 1990 P. Ronca et al