Re: Questionnaire - How to do?

Subject: Re: Questionnaire - How to do?
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 08:19:12 +0800

Arlyn Lee <Arlyn_Lee -at- EA -dot- EPSON -dot- COM> wrote:

> My company is putting together a market research questionnaire for one
> of our products (a printer). I get to add the questions related to the
> documentation. Because I have never having done market research or created
> documentation satisfaction questionnaires, I am looking to you for help.

> Any suggestions on questions to include would be appreciated...

This is too late for Arlyn's deadline, but for future reference:

The Australian Bureau of Statistics has a consultancy service for people
wishing to run surveys. They advise people how to design surveys and
questionnaires, and if required will run the whole thing.

The same service may be available in your country. The statistical agencies
in Canada, Sweden and the Netherlands have very good reputations. Unfort-
unately there is no central statistical agency in the U.S.; your best bet
is to try the Census Bureau or the Bureau of Labour Stats.

It's easy to write bad questions and collect meaningless data. It's certainly
faster and cheaper. Arlyn is wise to try to find out how to do it right.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) Voice: +61 9 328 8288
Functional Software Fax: +61 9 328 8616
PO Box 192
Leederville, Western Australia, 6903