Re: small caps and acronyms

Subject: Re: small caps and acronyms
From: Glenda Jeffrey <jeffrey -at- HKS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 13:03:24 GMT

Beverly Parks (bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil) wrote:
: Stacey Kahn wrote-->
: > In a manual I'm producing, I'm setting the (many) acronyms in small caps. It
: > looks great-- the acronyms blend into the rest of sentence, rather than
: > standing out by virtue of size.

Actually, I have to admit that I think it's kind of nice to have
acronyms stand out. When you are scanning text, it's very easy to
find what you are looking for if the acronyms jump out at you.
Of course, if every third word is an acronym, then it don't work
quite so well... ;-)
--
Glenda Jeffrey Email: jeffrey -at- hks -dot- com
Hibbitt, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc Phone: 401-727-4200