Re: R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Subject: Re: R-E-S-P-E-C-T
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 13:46:00 -0600

Here, Here to the comments of Michael J. Maloney who has both my support
and my thanks for his defense of "graphics weenies" as Guy McDonald has
labeled us.

I find the continued existence of this thread extremely ironic. Not because I
don't respect illustrators; far from it. The job ain't easy and good ones are
rare.

First, I know a number of people involved in programming and engineering who are
proud to be called techno-weenies, and when I read the equivalent graphics term,
I perceived no slight at all. It frankly never occurred to me that x-weenie (x
being any field-related term) was anything other than a compliment.

Second, for a list that has treated programmers, engineers and managers with
very little respect, on the whole, to suddenly bristle about a perceived slight
to illustrators exhibited a double standard that I found hilarious.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124