What do we need before passing GO...

Subject: What do we need before passing GO...
From: "Marcia B. Reynolds" <103021 -dot- 2307 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 14:27:39 EST

I have a meeting this Tuesday, Dec. 12 with the head of our Engineering group,
several engineers, the VP of Marketing, and the Director of Customer Support.
This meeting is to establish once and for all "what the heck Tech Pubs needs"
before we turn on the green light and begin working on the product documents.
The documents we create include installation manuals, programming manuals,
operating manuals, technical reference manuals, AND numerous product KITS!

HELP!! SOS!! I would like to attend this meeting with some specifics on what
other companies require their engineering departments to provide, prior to the
tech writer starting the documentation. Any information would be greatly
appreciated.