Re: Curious about Job Search Methods

Subject: Re: Curious about Job Search Methods
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 16:42:00 PST

Mr. Leer writes:
---
>I am curious how fellow tech communicators are keeping up with job
>opportunities. One of my co-workers used to read the local paper
>everyday and would review the Help Wanted Ads. Another friend only
>looks at the online news groups.

Which of them is employed? :-)

>Would you mind ranking your personal favorites and indicating which has
>had the best results? Thanks. (1 is 1st choice or best results, etc.)

2 * Newspaper
6 * BBS (if you mean the Web and Usenet....)
9 * Journal
6 * Newsletter
5 * Association Job Coordinator
3 * Networking
4 * Recruiter
1 * Other (?) - "job shops", call 'em all!

Rose A. Wilcox (the "A" stands for "Always Employed")
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us (until the end of Feb.)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com (home address)