Re: How much has tech writing increased?

Subject: Re: How much has tech writing increased?
From: "Marvin W. Miller" <Marvin_Miller -at- SEC -dot- SEL -dot- SONY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 08:27:44 -0800

--part_ACE46CFF0038ADEA00000002

Money Magazine published a list of the 100 best jobs in America. Tech Writer
was number 18. Eleven-year job growth was 23%. Short-term outlook and job
security are "Excellent."

Prestige rating is "Average." Stress and strain rating is "Low."

Best places for tech writing employment: Silicon Valley, Boston.

BTW, engineers can't write documentation. That's why the world needs tech
writers. :-)

> Does anyone know a percentage for how fast technical writing is
> growing. Maybe like in the last 5 years. Do you know were I can
> easily find the information? By how fast, I'm thinking more along
> the lines as a profession, not engineers who write documentation.
> Tracy James
> o9ar -at- sdsumus -dot- sdstate -dot- edu

--part_ACE46CFF0038ADEA00000002

Marvin W. Miller
Technical Communications Group
Sony Systems Engineering Center - San Jose, CA
Ph 408-955-4251
marvin -at- sec -dot- sel -dot- sony -dot- com

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981
--part_ACE46CFF0038ADEA00000002--