Re: Writing internships?

Subject: Re: Writing internships?
From: "Dr. James S. Lenze" <LENZE -at- LTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 13:11:28 -0500

* I wouldn't, however, think it was so valuable that I would
* require my students to take an unpaid internship.

# I disagree...my career started as an unpaid intern at Wang
# Laboratories. The experience I got there got me my first job...

On what point do we disagree? I never said anything against
unpaid internships. I said that I would not REQUIRE an unpaid
internship. Experience is the critical factor in determing the
worth of an internship experience. Unpaid internships can be
just as beneficial as paid internships in terms of experience.

Dr. James S. Lenze
Assistant Professor Internet: LENZE -at- LTU -dot- EDU
Technical Communication Degree Program Phone: (810) 204-3658
Lawrence Technological University FAX: (810) 204-3518
21000 W. 10 Mile Rd. Office: M145 (in M139)
Southfield, MI 48075-1058