Have I subscribed to the right list?

Subject: Have I subscribed to the right list?
From: Melanie Halmarack <Melanie -at- HALMARAX -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 20:25:35 GMT

Hello,

My name's Melanie. I live in central Scotland, where I'm a general
science teacher. I'm hoping to phase out the teaching and phase
in some freelance scientific/medical writing and research.
I'm seeking to do this as a teleworker from my present location.

If there is a more appropriate mailing list for this enquiry,
will someone please direct me to it?
If this is the right place, can anyone please advise me on any
of the following questions?

Would it be better for me to apply for work as a potentially
employable individual, or to become a "firm" seeking contracts?

Where would I find information and guidance on current methods
and practices for seeking this type of work?

What steps could I take to increase the opportunities available
and increase my level of suitability when these opportunities arise?

I would be very grateful if you could e-mail me.

Regards,
--
Melanie