Re: How much RAM?

Subject: Re: How much RAM?
From: "Marvin W. Miller" <Marvin_Miller -at- SEC -dot- SEL -dot- SONY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 15:31:09 -0800

--part_ACD25B3D000D08BA00000001

I couldn't get by with less than 32 meg. But then again that's with the
company's money. 16 meg should do it if you are careful. If you are going to
use Photoshop, the sky's the limit. Win95 really likes to see at least 16 meg.

Frame 5 with the Quadralay package (on a Mac PowerPC) needs 13 meg! System
7.5.1 needs another 8 to 10 meg. If you run a mail package all the time,
that's another 5 meg. Yeeesh!

> I have a quick hardware question. I currently have 4 meg of RAM in
> my computer and this is no longer enough for the programs I want to
> run. I am going to get at least 4 more meg but I was wondering if it
> is worth the money to get 8 more.
> I am currently using windows for workgroups but I am considering
> getting Win(% (althought that's a different topic). I also want to
> be able to run desktop publishing programs on my computer. How much
> RAM do most of these require and would more make my computer
> run significantly smoother?
> Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

> Judy Crespi

--part_ACD25B3D000D08BA00000001

Marvin W. Miller
Technical Communications Group
Sony Systems Engineering Center - San Jose, CA
Ph 408-955-4251
marvin -at- sec -dot- sel -dot- sony -dot- com

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981
--part_ACD25B3D000D08BA00000001--