Re: Punctuation and Hypertext

Subject: Re: Punctuation and Hypertext
From: Michael Keith Anderson <mka -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 23:01:48 -0600

Suzanne and Techwriters:

I have been discussing this situation with many people recently. Just =
last week, my copy of Arcada Backup for Win95 threw up an error message =
which was a comma splice. I have recently heard people state that =
on-line documentation does not go through the same editing process as =
hard copy.

Is that common? I agree that I wouldn't read a novel on-line, but give =
me soft copy reference any day. I think more and more people are doing =
this, too. With the growing importance of on-line docs, it seems to me =
there should be great care and concern for their place in the editing =
process. If there is a grammatical error in the help or in a dialog box, =
does that mean there is carelessness in the code, also?

Keith Anderson

mka -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
mkanderson -at- msn -dot- com
mkanderson -at- ualr -dot- edu