Re: documenting "freeze, hang, etc." situations

Subject: Re: documenting "freeze, hang, etc." situations
From: John Wilcox <john -at- SYNTAX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 10:50:06 -0800

> Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 10:37:36 -0500
> From: Valarie <TASSARI -at- CGI -dot- COM>

> On Mon, 13 Nov 1995 13:33:04 GMT, Michael Collier <mci -at- LUBRIZOL -dot- COM> wrote:

> >>For example, in a situation where (1) a dialog box fails to disappear after
> >>an option is selected, and (2) the pointing device can still be moved around
> >>the screen but (3) none of the dialog commands are executed, causing the
> >>user to (4) restart the computer for it to operate, which of the above terms
> >>apply?

> In my opinion, you should not have to document these problems. If you
> are able to consistently recreate this behavior, the system is not
> ready for release. The engineers developing the system should fix
> these bugs. These behaviors are unacceptable to users...regardless of
> how *nicely* you have explained the problem ;-)

Does the smiley at the end mean the whole post was just a joke? If not,
I would REALLY like to know what software you are using, so that I too
may work in your crash-, hang-, lock-, and freeze-free environment. If
software weren't released until it wouldn't crash and burn on you, a
WHOLE lot of software (and software companies) would be non-existent!
To name one prominent example, Microsoft would be just about ready to
release Windows 1.0!

But if this WAS just a joke, thanks for the laugh! It's the funniest
thing I've read in a long time!

John Wilcox <john -at- syntax -dot- com>
Senior Technical Writer
Syntax, Inc., 840 S. 333rd St., Federal Way, WA 98003-6343 USA
voice 206-838-2626, fax 206-838-9836, http://www.syntax.com