computer-scanned resumes

Subject: computer-scanned resumes
From: Mary Massirer <Mary_Massirer -at- BAYLOR -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 10:09:31 +0800

I'm about to start a discussion for the next several days in my tech. writing
class on the job search. We'll talk about application letters, resumes, etc.
How prevalent are computer-scanned resumes? Is this the coming thing, and
should my students design their resumes to be scanned? Thanks, Mary Massirer
(mary_massirer -at- baylor -dot- edu)