Re: Building GUIs

Subject: Re: Building GUIs
From: "Dan S. Azlin" <dazlin -at- SHORE -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 02:41:37 -0500

On Tue, 24 Oct 1995, Greg Cento wrote:

> I just started with a new company, and part of my new JD includes creating
> GUIs (Graphic User Interfaces). I'd like to do some reading on the subject
> but am unable to locate any good reference material. Some guidelines on gui
> do's and dont's would be helpful. I have illustration experience, so I am
> not looking for intro illustration material.

> Can anyone recommend any good sources?

Try these:

The Windows Interface, An Application Design Guide. Microsoft Press
1992, ISBN 1-55615-439-9. -- a little old but a good basic reference.

User Interface Screen Design, by Walter O. Galitz, QED Information
Sciences, Inc. 1993. -- I think this is in its 2nd edition, a good
overview of basic principals.

Dan Azlin ** WORD ENGINEERS, Technical Writing & Publishing **
Ph/Fax: 508-921-8908 18 School Street
Internet: dazlin -at- shore -dot- net Beverly, MA 01915-4851