question about user protocols

Subject: question about user protocols
From: tscom 01 fl95 Thury <tscom001 -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 21:23:26 -0500

Dear Techwhirlers:

I am in a graduate program on science and technical writing. I am
currently working on a group project for redesigning a manual for an on-line
database. We are going to be using reader protocols to test the
document.

I have two questions, first, after the subject is finished
with the document, should we conduct interviews and/or use a
questionairre? Our subjects are friends of ours, so we can get them to do
either, or both.)
Second, is the information form the protocol more important than from
the interview/questinaire? How should conflicting information be weighted?
Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Judy Crespi