Re[2]: couple of questions

Subject: Re[2]: couple of questions
From: ROBERT SIDMAN <sidmanr -at- MCHFMCCM -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 06:55:50 EST

>We're under fire at work. Suddenly our boss thinks that tech writers
>ought to be able to read C and do telephony scripting using C
>commands. He says that he and the president of our company think that
>"most tech writers ought to be capable of this." Is this true? The
>engineers who are currently helping us (two tech writers) say they've
>never known a tech writer who can write these scripts, but I'm
>wondering if there is something I don't know about the rest of the
>tech writers out there!

<snip>

Ask your boss if he'd be willing to undergo brain surgery, done by an
internist, who's about as trained to do that as you are to write code. I
think your boss is trying to make financial brownie points by downsizing
the company over your backs.

Bob

Another personal view only from <robert_sidman -at- fmso -dot- navy -dot- mil>