Tutorial authoring software

Subject: Tutorial authoring software
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- IO -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 17:40:18 -0500

I'd appreciate some recommendations for software to create online
tutorials that will run under Microsoft Windows.

I'm looking for something that I can use to create tutorials similar to
those that come with the Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, etc.).
I want to be able to include graphics, text, and simple annimation. I
don't need sound or video capability. If possible, the tuturial should
be able to run from with the Windows Help system, as well as standalone,
but this isn't a requirement.

Ease of use is a more important consideration than price.

You can post replies here or email me directly at the address in my sig.
If I get enough replies, I'll post a summary to the list.

Regards,
Keith

Keith Soltys -- ksoltys -at- io -dot- org -- http://www.io.org/~ksoltys/
Technical Writer, Technical Development, Dow Jones Telerate Canada Inc.
Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you;
if you don't bet, you can't win. --Robert A. Heinlein