Evolution of HTML?

Subject: Evolution of HTML?
From: Tomohiro Hori <thori001 -at- ACS -dot- BU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 23:29:34 -0500

Hi,

Today I attended an interesting tutorial titled 'How SGML and HTML
Fit Together' at the Internet World '95 Boston. It was presented by
Eric Severson from Interleaf Inc.

From the lecture, I felt that understanding the philosophy of SGML
would make a great difference in the long run, even if you are writing
only HTML documents right now. In a broad sense, it may include an issue
of how you manage information on database, web sites or even on your PCs.

So, I want to know more about SGML. Could anyone recommend a readable,
understandable book about basics of SGML? I know there were some
discussions about SGML and HTML in this list before, but I missed
them. Sorry for any redundancy I am producing.

And if anyone who attended the presentation today at World Trade Center
Boston is reading this article, I would appreciate any commnent about
the tutorial. I thought it was very nice(a little bit expensive, though).

** Tomohiro Hori **
thori001 -at- acs -dot- bu -dot- edu