What tools (database, video, audio) do you use?

Subject: What tools (database, video, audio) do you use?
From: Debbie Lemasters <Debbie -dot- Lemasters -at- MARCAM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 19:02:52 -0400

I'd like to know what database, video, and audio
tools you are currently using. I want to use the
answers as partial input to a plan we're developing:

what information deliverables will we deliver
to our customers in the near and distant future?

what form will those deliverables take?

how will we store and track the information
pieces?

If you have a few moments, please answer the
questions I included under my signature. I'd
really appreciate your input. Send your replies
to me directly and I will post a summary to the list.

Thanks.

Debbie Lemasters
debbie -dot- lemasters -at- marcam -dot- com

DATABASE

Do you use a database to store your information
pieces? If yes, . . .

Why? For reuse and single source? For tracking
and managing? Other reasons? Problems?

Are the information pieces you store "text" only?
Audio, video, graphics? Other types? Problems?

Which database tool did you use? Advantages,
disadvantages? Do you have a contact for the
product or company (URL, 800 number)?

AUDIO

Have you developed and distributed information in
audio form? If yes, . . .

Why did you use audio? Problems?

Did you ever use audio without video? Comments?

How receptive were your users? Problems?

Which tool did you use? Advantages,
disadvantages? Do you have a contact for the
product or company (URL, 800 number)?

VIDEO

Have you developed and distributed information in
video form? If yes, . . .

Why did you use video? Problems?

Did you ever use video without audio? Comments?

How receptive were your users? Problems?

Which tool did you use? Advantages,
disadvantages? Do you have a contact for the
product or company (URL, 800 number)?

MISCELLANEOUS

Any other comments?