MS Word & BMP's

Subject: MS Word & BMP's
From: Dee Gardner <DeeYG -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 1995 23:29:25 -0400

OK, new job, new headache/challenge:

Got a user's manual am just finishing for draft delivery Mon. Has about 30
.bmp's of screen captures in it and currently runs about 13 Mb. Sat around
3-4 hrs Fri WIATING for Word to do things like tweak margins/header location,
saving, etc. Am using a 90 Mhz Pentium with 16 Mb RAM!

What's the best way of incorporating the .bmp's that won't bog down the
system? Also managed to lock up my 75 Mhz Pentium here at home today when I
wanted a print preview after making what I THINK are th final tweaks.

I have the cd rom with ms's on-line doc's for ms office to peruse at me
leisure (HA!) tomorrow but I am not certain of finding what I need knowing
MS! <G> any suggestions?

frustrated tech writer with new system that acts flaky at times hoping the
stupid thing doesn't decide to crash and burn at the last minute before
getting that all important h/c output!