Re: Figs

Subject: Re: Figs
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 12:14:47 -0500

>I would go with "Figs." to avoid possible confusion with hyphenated figure
>numbers (Figure 1-1, Figure 1-2, etc.).

Another way to avoid confusion is to never use a hyphen to mean "through."

LaVonna

PS: BTW, we have used Figs., but I agree that it's best to spell
out the word if possible.

LF
LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
COREStaff Communication Svcs. Society for Technical Communication

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than little ol' me.