Re: Numbering

Subject: Re: Numbering
From: John Renish <John -dot- Renish -at- CONNER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 08:31:20 PDT

The rule of thumb is that you cannot use a single instance of a particular
heading level except for the first level. You must recast the heading
levels. In your example, I would make 2.1 part of 2.0 and change 2.1.1 and
2.1.2 to 2.1 and 2.2, respectively. Alternatively, you can create a filler
heading 2.1 or 2.2, as appropriate; e.g.,

2.0 Framis
2.1 Introduction
2.2 Procedures
2.2.1 Whatsis
2.2.2 Whosis

John -dot- Renish -at- conner -dot- com
My statements are my own and do not represent Conner Peripherals, Inc.
Original Text