Re: Third-party trademarks

Subject: Re: Third-party trademarks
From: "Kahn, Stacey" <skahn -at- WB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 13:43:55 U

K Watkins <KWATKINS -at- QUICKPEN -dot- COM) asked about acknowledging trademarks.

We mark only our own trademarks in the text. We use a TM at the first mention
in each chapter.

On the copyright page we identify our trademarks and all others we're aware of.
Our own product(s) and name are in the alphabetically-appropriate spot in the
list. It's a long list like this:
ABC is a trademark of YYY.
EEE is a registered trademark of TTT.

I like Paul Gauthier's <Pgauthie -at- DELRINA -dot- COM> copyright page layout better--or
at least my understanding of his layout, since I haven't checked Delrina's
documentation-- and am going to suggest that we move our own product to the top
of the list and give it some space, something to make it stand out.

After the list we provide a blanket statement (All other products, names, and
services are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies
or organizations) for any we may have missed.

FWIW.

--Stacey Kahn
SKahn -at- wb -dot- com Washington, DC
speaking for myself and not for my employers