ONE LAST TRY: GOOD DOCS ANYONE?

Subject: ONE LAST TRY: GOOD DOCS ANYONE?
From: Dave Cooper <davec -at- AUTODESK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 12:28:12 -0700

Writers!

In a recent posting to this large group of colleagues, I
got only one rather reticent response.

Please excuse me for soliciting one more time, but before
I disengage, I'd like to give it a second try...

If you know documentation which satisfies the following
criteria, I would appreciate a response.

I've been unable to get any information from the S.T.C.,
DataQuest, or a number of forums and publications. I'm
beginning to believe, what I come up with will be the only
surviving form of this data. I don't like that responsibility!

In any event, here are the criteria once again:

1. Well-written, concise and succinct language,
free of technically and industry-free jargon
when at all possible.

2. Clear, informatiive presentation of information
free of fashionable fads and unnecessary clutter.

3. Use of graphics and art whenever a concept can
be better explained, or when the written explanation
can be ameliorated with graphics or art.

4. Presentation of this information "online" in
CD-ROM electronic format, as video, using sound,
multimedia techniques, and other modern technological
tools.

5. Presentation of this same information in well-made,
attractive "hardcopy" when necessary.

An example of something which I believe meets these criteria,
is Adobe PhotoShop 3.0.

A private response will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

DAVE COOPER
AutoCAD Writer
Autodesk, Inc.