A WWW Salary Relocation Calculator

Subject: A WWW Salary Relocation Calculator
From: Daren Deadmond <DDEADMOND -at- NOVELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 11:57:33 -0600

I found a site out there I thought everyone would be interested in,
especially those who are considering relocation. It's the Homebuyer's
Fair Salary Relocation Calculator, located at:

http://www.homefair.com/homefair/cmr/salcalc.html

You can find out how much salary you will need in the city of your choice
to equal the salary you're making in your current city.

For example, let's say I'm making $25,000/year in Orem, Utah, and I want
to return to the land that spawned me, Portland, Oregon. I can find out
that $25,000 "Orem" dollars are equal to "$29,863" Portland dollars, at
least according to the calculator. Maybe I'll head down the road to
Eugene, Oregon, where the Orem dollars are equal to $25,430 "Eugene"
dollars (I lived there longer, anyway). I never knew that 105 miles to the
south could make that much difference ;-).

Enjoy, my techwhirlin' colleagues!

Daren "Wish I had Richard Dimock's wit for occasions like this" Deadmond

ddeadmond -at- novell -dot- com