Re: Copyright ethics

Subject: Re: Copyright ethics
From: Connie Winch <CEW -at- MACOLA -dot- USA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 09:48:43 LCL

>The use of copyrighted materials is not ruled by whether you are
>making money or not. If my material is copyright, it is copyrighted, and
>you must have permission to use it.
>Rose A. Wilcox (the A stands for "Advice Lady")
>rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
>Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your
>temper or your self-confidence. -Robert Frost

It is my understanding that if you own a piece of intellectual property,
i.e., you bought a legal copy, you may make a copy for personal backup
purposes only. If my understanding is correct, I am not violating
copyright
laws when I photocopy sheet music, CDs, tapes, etc. that I already own
and DO NOT give or sell them to any other person.

|Connie E. Winch | Macola, Inc. |
|Technical Writer | cew -at- macola -dot- usa -dot- com |
|The great man is the one that never loses |
|his child-heart. - Mencius |