Re: Printed vs. Online: What mix?

Subject: Re: Printed vs. Online: What mix?
From: Rick Lippincott <rjl -at- BOSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 12:00:37 EDT

Mike Starr wanted to know how some companies are approaching the printed vs.
online documentation mix. My current employer, and the one just prior to it,
both use the comprehensive printed/comprehensive online approach.

Essentially, everything that appears in print appears online. And there is
some additional information supplied on-line as well.

And I agree with Mike's comment that whichever approach is best for a company
and product, it should be decided and standardized so that all the docs/online
from that company follow the same style.

Rick Lippincott
Boston Technology
Wakefield, MA
rjl -at- bostech -dot- com