What IS is with people from America On-Line?

Subject: What IS is with people from America On-Line?
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 10:04:09 -0400

Nothing peeves me more, with respect to a mailing list, than what I just
saw from Bob Blake (ReBlake -at- AOL -dot- COM). Bitching that he hasn't been
removed, having asked twice, when he's talking to the list, not the
listserver! Had Mr. Blake perhaps learned just a LITTLE more about the
medium he was connecting himself to BEFORE subscribing to techwr-l, he'd
know better. Maybe.

AOLers (people connecting to Internet resources via America On-Line) have
a bad reputation among more experienced Net users, and this guy is a
REALLY good example of why. Not to lump in anyone non-clueless folks here
from AOL! By no means -- I'm not saying all AOL Net users are clueless,
just seems like the majority of them are. OK, "a great many" of them are.
Enough that it's quite noticeable.

PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org