Re: WYSIWYG vs. tags

Subject: Re: WYSIWYG vs. tags
From: Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- CCN -dot- CS -dot- DAL -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 14:28:21 -0300

On Thu, 31 Aug 1995, Arlen P. Walker wrote:

> Funny. I've always seen that as a major *flaw* in Word Perfect, that it
allowed
> you to screw up a document to the point where you couldn't get it unscrewed
> without resorting to working with the actual formatting codes.
> Let's face it:
> the only time "view codes" is necessary is when the word processor has either
> put a code in the wrong spot, or not removed the entire doe when you changed
the
> format. That's just plain bad programming.

I totally disagree with this view. When documents come from different
clients and suppliers, as they often do in my world, WordPerfect's
Reveal Codes feature is definitely a plus. And BTW I wouldn't call word
processing "programming." They are two different disciplines, tho they
sometimes overlap...

Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- ccn -dot- cs -dot- dal -dot- ca>
"I've been spinning my tires."
-- Roncaism of the Week --