computer phobias overcome

Subject: computer phobias overcome
From: Susan Fowler <sfowler -at- EJV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 09:18:17 EDT

Misti Delaney's story reminds me of another. My mother-in-law was dreading the
installation of the new computer system at the HIP center where she worked.

In the meantime, there was a manager at the HIP center everyone hated. She
seemed to be near retirement, but she refused to tell anyone her age and
managed to hold on and on and on...

The computer system was installed, everyone was very upset and harried (lots of
bugs of course), and my mom-in-law came home looking worried all the time,
UNTIL....

It seems that every HIP client's date of birth is in his or her computer record.
Every HIP staff member is a HIP client. My mother-in-law is a very smart lady,
and she figured out what to do.

Smiles all around at the retirement party. Well, with one exception.

--Susan
sfowler -at- ejv -dot- com