Online Salary Survey Response

Subject: Online Salary Survey Response
From: John Gear <catalyst -at- PACIFIER -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 20:06:00 PDT

The Official Whiz Bang Online Technical Communicator Salary Survey Form

(Note: Sorry to those who wanted more detailed info--this is the salary
survey and it's too long already. You'll have to do your own surveys about
what people actually do and how much it costs them to live etc. etc.)
Instructions:

1. Please use the reply feature of your software to respond or use the same
subject line as above (Online Salary Survey Response).

2. Please begin your responses on the line below the question.

3. The questions are in UPPER CASE. Please don't use upper case for responses.

4. Your response to this survey means you give me the right to combine your
any forum or format, including publication on this list.

5. I will do everything possible to maintain the confidentiality of your
be used to identify you to anyone, nor will I maintain the data in such a
format.

Note, however, that I will not take extraordinary precautions to protect
your privacy. If you are widely known as the only technical communicator in
a certain zip code or something and you don't want any chance of having your
salary known, you should probably not respond.
1. ZIP OR POSTAL CODE:

2. COUNTRY:

3. PROFESSIONAL STATUS (PICK ONE: FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE,PART-TIME EMPLOYEE,
AGENCY CONTRACTOR, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR, FULL-TIME STUDENT, PART-TIME
STUDENT, UNEMPLOYED, ACADEMIA)

4. YEARS OF EDUCATION (HS DIPLOMA = 12; BS/BA = 16 ETC.):

5. FIELD IN WHICH YOU EARNED YOUR HIGHEST DEGREE (NAME):

6. TOTAL YEARS IN TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION FIELD:

7. YEARS IN CURRENT POSITION (FOR CONTRACTORS, YEARS CONTRACTING):

8. SALARY (US $ OR EQUIVALENT, BEFORE TAXES):

9. ARE YOU VESTED IN A COMPANY-PAID PENSION PLAN?

10. DO YOU HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE? (YES OR NO):

11. IF YOU HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE, IDENTIFY THE SOURCE:
(NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN, COMPANY PROVIDED (FULLY PAID), COMPANY
PROVIDED (PART PAID), PURCHASE OWN COVERAGE, COVERED UNDER ANOTHER
PERSON'S PLAN).

12. DO YOU HAVE DISABILITY INSURANCE? (YES OR NO)

13. IF YOU HAVE DISABILITY INSURANCE, IDENTIFY THE SOURCE:
(NATIONAL INSURANCE PLAN, COMPANY PROVIDED (FULLY PAID), COMPANY PROVIDED
(PART PAID), PURCHASE OWN COVERAGE, COVERED UNDER ANOTHER PERSON'S PLAN).

14. CAN YOU PARTICIPATE IN A PROFIT-SHARING PLAN? (YES OR NO):

15. CAN YOU PARTICIPATE IN A 401(K) PLAN THROUGH YOUR EMPLOYER? (YES OR NO):

16. IF YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN A 401(K) PLAN, DOES YOUR EMPLOYER MATCH
CONTRIBUTIONS YOU MAKE? IF SO, WHAT PERCENTAGE?

17. HOW MUCH VACATION CAN YOU TAKE EACH YEAR (PAID DAYS OFF)?

18. DO YOU HAVE PERSONAL DAYS OR SICK DAYS (PAID DAYS OFF)? HOW MANY?

19. HOW MANY PAID HOLIDAYS DO YOU GET EACH YEAR?

20. DO YOU HAVE AN EDUCATIONAL EXPENSES/TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PLAN?

21. CAN YOU PURCHASE STOCK IN YOUR COMPANY AT A DISCOUNT?

22. ESTIMATE THE TOTAL VALUE OF ALL YOUR COMPENSATION (SALARY+BENEFITS) IN $US.

John Gear (catalyst -at- pacifier -dot- com)

The Bill of Rights--The Original Contract with America
Accept no substitutes. Beware of imitations. Insist on the genuine articles.