What does senior technical writer mean?

Subject: What does senior technical writer mean?
From: russell -at- BUPHY -dot- BU -dot- EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 00:30:45 GMT

I am wondering what the difference is between a technical writer and a
senior technical writer ($, job responsibilities). I realize that the job
description may vary from company to company, but I'd like a sampling of
opinions to find out.

I work for a small company that is in the process of creating a senior
technical writer position (dragging their heels I might add!). Being a
candidate for a promotion to this position, I may be able to have some
input. Thanks for any info.

Karen