Re: Would you be angry?

Subject: Re: Would you be angry?
From: David Fisher <DAF -dot- DSKPO27B -at- DSKBGW1 -dot- ITG -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 09:28:00 CST

I think Richard's first reaction is the right one. Update his resume and look
for greener pastures. My wife, also a techwhirler, increased her salary by
close to 30% by moving to a better-paying company. I think Richard's company
will be hard-pressed to find a quality writer for a low salary. If they go
contract, it will cost even more.

Hit 'em where it hurts Richard. Make them spend money finding someone new at a
higher salary. :-)

Just my $.02,

David Fisher
dfisher2 -at- ti -dot- com

[I don't speak for my company and they obligingly don't speak for me.]

-------------------------------------

Richard wrote: "In our weekly developers mtg, it was announced by the
company VP that effective next month, all developers will receive a
standard raise of x amount across the board in order for our company to
remain competitive. Sorry Richard, he said, this does not include you.

In an attempt to save face, I later showed this VP the recent STC salary
survey. He basically ignored it."

I have had a similar experience although I have not heard about the
outcome of my memo with the STC salary attached. I find that I am at
least 30% under the lowest percentiles for the groupings that I fall
into. Are other people having this same experience? I am curious if this
is the trend in particular areas of business. If others are curious
also, I would be happy to receive responses and send out a summary to
the list.

Please respond to me personally.

Kara Sawyer, Tech Editor
kls -at- hill -dot- com