Re: Doc Project Management Seminar

Subject: Re: Doc Project Management Seminar
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 15:54:45 +0800

Mary Camp (campm -at- dialogic -dot- com) said:
> I'm planning to take a seminar this fall entitled
> _How to Manage Documentation & Instructional
> Design Projects_ by Dr. JoAnn Hackos. Her book
> was given a very good review in the May 95 issue
> of the STC journal. I'm looking for feedback from
> people who've taken the course/read the book or
> can suggest similar seminars/books.

Last month I asked the list about JoAnn's book. I had about a dozen
book, and a couple of people also recommended the seminar.

I'm about a third of the way through the book and I'm finding it very
interesting and already useful.

In fact just this morning I quickly reviewed the section on info
gathering and and creating an Information Plan, before going in to
a project meeting. The lead developer looked a bit shell shocked
when it was over -- I think that's a good sign ;^)

Regards

Stuart