Measuring Productivity

Subject: Measuring Productivity
From: Kim Andrews <Lotiki -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 18:08:04 -0400

Lately, our office has been pondering the question of how to measure a
writer's productivity. Our managers are not writers and they insist on
measuring our productivity in number of pages. My questions include:

1) Do you know of any other easily measurable ways to track productivity?
2) How do you keep track of the time/pages?
3) Do you measure different aspects of a project separately? (Such as
writing original drafts, editing, and entering changes.)
4) What is an acceptable or good amount of time/pages?

If you would like to reply to the group, that is okay with me. I hope it's
an acceptable topic. If you would like to respond to me personally at
lotiki -at- aol -dot- com, I will summarize the information for the group.
Thanks
Kim Andrews