Re: Portfolio Advice

Subject: Re: Portfolio Advice
From: Dan 'Fergus' Roberts <droberts -at- PANIX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 23:13:50 -0400

AJFite -at- aol -dot- com wrote:

: 1) Am I wasting my time? Will a portfolio
: do me any good?
: 2) Do you have one? If so, do you have any
: tips regarding content or style?
: 3) Are things like
: color printing and fancy
: bindings worth the money? (Remember,
: unemployed=

I'd say 3 samples should be enough, preferably short ones, showing a range
of styles and topics. Forget color printing unless the original was in
color. Forget bindings completely.

Peple reviewing your stuff have other things to do also; they wont spend a
lot of time *reading* as much as *glancing through*. So they dont need to
get long pieces or technically complicated pieces <unless you have something
that makes the complicated topic crystal clear>.
--
-----
Dan 'Fergus' Roberts