Re. OCR for large quantities of documents

Subject: Re. OCR for large quantities of documents
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 15:08:32 LCL

A few weeks back, one of our correspondents asked about OCR for very
large printed "legacy" documents. (SOrry, didn't keep the original
message, so I don't know who!) For anyone who must attempt such a
task, there's a new product on the market from Adobe that addresses
this need, while also providing document management and electronic
distribution facilities. The product is called "Capture" (with the
"Catalog" add-on); a brief review is provided by PC Magazine (Sept.
12/95, page 42), and you can reach Adobe at 1-800-833-6687 (they're
also online, but I don't have their URL handy).

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of
our reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.