REFERENCING WORLD WIDE WEB

Subject: REFERENCING WORLD WIDE WEB
From: Linda Morgan <Linda_Morgan -at- QMGATE -dot- DFRC -dot- NASA -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 09:38:03 -0800

REFERENCING WORLD WIDE WEB PAGE

Has anybody had to cite a world wide web page as a reference in a publication
yet? If so, how did you handle it? An author here wants to cite a Web page as
a reference, and we are unsure whether to treat the formal name of it
(Metraplex
WWW DFD Home Page) as the title or the "address" (http://www.metraplex.com) as
the title and the formal name like where the company would go.

The closest thing I can find in Harbrace to this situation is film references:
_The Empire Strikes Back_, Twentieth-Century Fox, 1980.

Please post responses to me personally as I'm currently not subscribed.

TIA,
Linda Morgan
Technical Editor
NASA Dryden Flight Research Center
Linda_Morgan -at- qmgate -dot- dfrc -dot- nasa -dot- gov