A giggle

Subject: A giggle
From: Margaret Gerard <margaret%mailhost -at- TOSHIBA -dot- TIC -dot- OZ -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 11:49:39 --1000

Hi Techwhirlers,

My boss was in Japan last week and brought back for my
amusement, the bag in which the room maid placed his
drinking glass each day and the strip of paper that
was wrapped round the lid of the toilet each day.

Each had a notice printed on it:

drinking glass bag -

"DISINFECTED"
"Maybe I've been hoping too hard. But I've gone this far.
And it's more than I hoped for."

toilet lid strip -

"STERILIZED"
"I can hear the music in the darkness. Flooting (sic) softly to
where we lie. No more questions now. Let's enjoy tonight. Can't
you see we've gotta (sic) be together. Just you and I."

Obviously, I'm writing for the wrong industry!

Cheers,
Margaret Gerard

PS I'm reading an excellent book - highly recommended for anyone
in our game - called "The Language Instinct, The New Science of
Language and Mind" by Steven Pinker, Penguin 1995, ISBN 0-14-017529-6.