Re: Value of Writing Degree

Subject: Re: Value of Writing Degree
From: Betsy Maaks <bmaaks -at- FRAME -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 13:27:17 CDT

DITTO on what Kayla said below. Get the paper!!! It shows that you finish
what you start, and believe me, employers want this in every employee!!!! I
have an M.A., and it has been VERY valuable in my work -- the ability to
research extensively, for one. And like another TechWhirler wrote, the STC
salary chart shows salaries for MAs are consistently higher than for BAs.

Betsy Maaks
The opinion expressed here is strickly my own. I was not coerced or
influence by any outside forces.

_____________________Original
Message______________________________________________________

>I'd take the job AND finish my degree. You've only 8 classes left? Get the
>sheet of paper.

>FWIW.

>Kayla Westra
>westrakl -at- bv -dot- com
> ----------

>From: TECHWR-L
>To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
>Subject: Value of Writing Degree
>Date: Monday, August 07, 1995 8:26AM

>Hi,
>I was recently going to school, pursuing a professional writing degree,
>until I decided to take a full time job doing software documentation. I
>have a chemical engineering degree and three years work experience in
>that field. My question is: Would it be of any value to me to get my
>degree in professional writing at night (I have 8 classes left) or is
>work experience and a portfolio more important. Thanks for any input
>you can give me.

________

Betsy Maaks + Frame Technology Corp.
312-266-3208 + Advanced Products
bmaaks -at- frame -dot- com + 441 W. Huron Street
+ Chicago, IL 60610