Re: FWD: Re. Virtually terminal

Subject: Re: FWD: Re. Virtually terminal
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 10:30:41 PST

Jim Reith wrote:

> I've been working on DEC equipment since 1975 and can vouch for it meaning
Video
> Terminal. Remember, this is from back in the teletype/keypunch days when
having
> a 300 baud terminal was something GREAT. The VT family goes back even earlier
> include the VT52 and the VT06 (and a 3 I believe). The DECwriter line was the
> paper versions of the same vintage and didn't include VT. These are the same
> days when Cathode Ray Tube and Video Display Terminal come from.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I've been thinking that VT was
Video Terminal, but couldn't quite remember, and even went so far as
to email a friend at Digital and ask him if he remembered. The VT
family was one of the first "ooh ahh" video displays used! (Goodness,
those sure were the olden days! Did we have TV's back then? <grin>).

Anyways, did whomever start this thread ever get the answer he or she
desired? Wasn't it a brief description of what a VT100 is/does that
was requested?

...sue
Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Carlsbad, California USA
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com