Pardon my French, I'm getting off this elevator, etc.

Subject: Pardon my French, I'm getting off this elevator, etc.
From: Steve Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 10:20:34 CDT

It has just been pointed out to me that equating "French" and "profanity" is
insulting to those of French ancestry. Perhaps this is what Vester was driving
at in him post; if this is the case, I wish he had made his point clear. The
idea hadn't occurred to me before, and it was not my intention to insult the
French when I used the expression. And so, to my previous apology allow me to
add an apology to the people of France and all those of French ancestry.

That said, I end all correspondence--public or private--on this topic.

Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation http://www.cda.ulpgc.es/steve.html
15150 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77009 USA