Song Parody

Subject: Song Parody
From: "Ungericht, Rex W" <ungerirw -at- TXUSIR02 -dot- NIELSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 08:45:00 CDT

Technical Writer (to the tune of "Paperback Writer)
lyrics (c)1995 Rex Ungericht

I like to write, I like computers too
And I want a job that will combine the two
I talked it over with some friends of mine
And they said that I should find employment as a technical writer
Technical Writer

I've mastered every game on my PC
And I use a database of recipes
I've got a program that'll track my bills
So I've got computer skills enough to be a technical writer
Technical Writer

I used to work as a stenographer
And I've published letters to the editor
I won a poetry award last year
So I think it's clear that I can write and be a technical writer
Technical Writer

A daemon's something from a fairy tale
and GUI well describes a garden snail
DOS is Spanish for the number two
But what do these questions have to do with being technical writer
Technical Writer

Thanks for taking time to talk with me
I would like employment with this company
You can see that I am really on the ball
I'll be waiting for your call to tell me I'm a technical writer
Technical Writer