Dilbert and Tech Writers

Subject: Dilbert and Tech Writers
From: John Renish <John -dot- Renish -at- CONNER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 09:41:36 PDT

Fellow Whirlers,

I too took on the original author of the complaint about the Dilbert strip
and had a subsequent brief exchange of correspondence with Scott Adams.
Here's his reply to the list:

Subject: The flaming of Dilbert
Author: ScottAdams -at- aol -dot- com at SMTP
Date: 3/21/95 9:57 PM
Eric,
Somebody on your list was nice enough to send me the text of the debate over
my Dilbert cartoon featuring a tech writer. It was great reading. I was
hoping you would be nice enough to post my response to the list.
My response:
This was the most negative response I've ever gotten from a strip. And
probably the most entertaining. Consequently, I plan to introduce a tech
writer character in the next few months who is a composite of some of the
more interesting personalities I picked up from the list.
God, I love my job.

John -dot- Renish -at- conner -dot- com
My statements are my own and do not represent Conner Peripherals, Inc.