Re: Tech-writing

Subject: Re: Tech-writing
From: Elna Tymes <Etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 1995 23:16:38 GMT

"Cornelisen, Renee @ SLG" <RCORNEL -at- slc -dot- unisysgsg -dot- com> wrote:
>Tech-writers:

>The digest of July 26, 1995 included a post regarding a job for a senior
>tech-writer at Novell, in Utah. It required knowledge of C and the ability
>to read and understand source code. Is that something tech-writers do?

From my point of view, it is something I would expect of anybody beyond a
junior technical writer. We can't expect programmers to provide *all* of
their source material to us in English. But let's face it --
understanding how to read C code isn't all that difficult a task. A
couple of nights with a good book on C will give you pretty much what you
need to know. And you DON'T have to be able to program in C - just tell
what the programmer was trying to do.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems