FW: continuing the certification debate

Subject: FW: continuing the certification debate
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 13:29:00 -0500

From: Price, Becca
Subject: RE: continuing the certification debate
Date: Thursday, July 27, 1995 1:37PM

I am one of the people who started the certification thread - sorry!

My main question was not whether, but what sorts of certifications are
appropriate? the only reason I ask is my employer pays $500 per
professional certification gained, which would go sweetly into my bank
account. Unfortunately, the only thing he suggests I get certified in is
Word, which requires more programming than I am interested in learning, and
in DocToHelp, ditto.

oh, well.

On the whole, I don't know *how* one would certify a professional technical
writer, except on the kind of form that mental institutions use <g>

-becca