Re: Conventions

Subject: Re: Conventions
From: Grant Hogarth <GRANT -at- ONYXGFX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 11:35:47 +8

On 26 Jul 95 at 9:08, Westra, Kayla L. asked:

[snip]

> Do you "click on" your pushbuttons? Do you "press" your pushbuttons?

Our convention here is that we CLICK (not "click on") on-screen buttons,
and PRESS keys on the keyboard.

e.g. "Click EXIT to quit the program, then press Enter to confirm
that you want to quit."

Grant
Grant Hogarth, Information Services/Technical Support
Onyx Graphics Corp.

"If they have to look it up, they're already aggravated"
--B. Block, San Diego Technical Writer